Monday, November 17, 2008

Tiramisu : pick-me-up

Oh how I miss tiramisu…suddenly I have this sweet yet aching tooth! I want to eat tiramisu and that is final! Tiramisu in moscow? I DON’T THINK SO! Last year, fami and I bought a cake from Gastronom No.1 at GUM (they say that GUM is one of the most expensive shopping place in the world) so considering that as one of the factor, we guess that they might bake a yummy cake like Secret Recipes do. Too bad they DON’T. it just a plain cake with overpower brown sugar. In fact cheese cake fatin brought to usra h (she bought it at this small kiosk near spartiv ) taste way better then that poshy- but -not tasty - gastronoms’ .




With that, I don’t think I can find one decent yummy tiramisu (cheap, not so expensive one, because there might be yummiest but with irrelevant moscow price). Therefore although I never make a tiramisu before, I’ve decide that I must do this. YOSH!

Lets see the ingredients, lady finger light biscuits (oh bukan kacang bendi ya) , mascarpone cheese (apa itu?) , eggs, sugar, coffee (yes,I do have a thing for coffee), water (we have plenty of it, sampai last night bilik banjir dgn air, and it was my fault, but my roomies don’t know… bertapa hebat kerja mencuci dan membersih lantai dan bukti azmin. Ha ha ) .

So first thing is to gather the ingredients. Where the heck on moscow can I find mascarpone?! I don’t know. I’m ready with the alternative cheese but last 2 days I went to perikriostak and to my surprise, MASCARPONE cheese! Wow! I grab it without hesitating and I don’t even bother to look at the price tag (don’t follow this perangai). Bila sudah bayar, baru tahu betapa mahal keju itu! 250 g of Mascarpone cost me 180RUB! Which is like RM26 ! Gila betulllll

Lady finger? Huh? Biskut panjang2 and lembut.. Moscow don’t have that either, and so I replace it with this gelang biskut, and believe me IT’S A WRONG WRONG WRONG biscuits. =( next time I’ll replace lady finger with some kvartal sponge cake…


Next tiramisu-in-making
Full with flaw. hahaha
1. Mixed egg yolk with coffee (1 spoon of kopi yg sudah dibancuh) and sugar. Instead of 1 spoon kopi yang sudah dibancuh, I added 1 spoon coffee yg belum dibancuh. Imagine the concentration of the coffee inside! But I don’t think it’s a big deal, since I have a very good relationship with coffee indeed.

2. Pukul putih telur sampai thick. Can you imagine pukul putih telur tu sampai jadi fluffy and smooth and foamy and thick with you hand?! Well I cant thou at first I think I can. I imagine about all the things I hate and angers me,and convert it into energy to beat the egg white… too bad im not that kuat…oh maybe I don’t hate enough…hahaha….so my version of thick egg white was a very thin foamy layer and 2/3 layer of liquid egg white.

3. Merendam biskut. Hurmmm ini pun satu hal. I soaked it very well. Too well. No. way tooo much actually.


Bla bla bla -----àinto the freezer and wait for the next 14 hours.

Voila the full with flaw azmins’ Bel Gioioso tiramisu
the jadi part


the TAK JADI part. they are not suppose to be this berair!


because i add too much coffee inside, lepas makan mesti jadi tersangat hyper and caffeinated..and since today i think i have panost...and i ate tiramisu(cheese wei!) hurm elok la sangat tu. serve you right azmin...

4 comments:

N.S.M said...

HOMG.
hahahahahaha~
when I saw d pics,
i ws like...
"erm, where's the JADI part, again? dua2 cm x jd je...." :s

you make me crave 4 tiramisu alsoooo~~ T_T
now2, whre's in egypt ade jual bnde alah tu agaknye. hmmm..

mungkin kite memang ditakdirkan untuk pergi ke tmpt yg tiramisu-less. *sob*

NIAMY said...

WEI THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO KURENNNNNG ajar sakinah! aaaa keji!...jadi la jugak...it just that im not able to photo it dri sudut yg betul je~ but im telling you,once ko makan....mesti high gila.....huuuuuuuuuuuuuu veryyyy dreamy...uphhhhhhhhhhhhhh

N.S.M said...

LOL.
sori2, i 4got ur takin medic thre, not photography so yeah, of coz the angle and lightnin seem all wrong.

Yg pntg rase rite? not the look. I get it. :|

NIAMY said...

oh! so poyos there kuna...so poyo =p